framers Digest, Vol 97, Issue 12

David Creamer ideaslists at ideastraining.com
Wed Nov 13 10:40:31 PST 2013

The security issues I was referring to is whether one can actually install software that is downloaded. Many IT departments in large companies don't allow that. (There is a way to get a set of discs to install the Cloud SW.)

Also, if he needs to continue the subscription, another IT security issue could arise if the computers are in a "hardened" environment.

Regarding the credit card security--that has already been proven to be insecure. Best use a separate card for that.

David Creamer
IDEAS Training

The "Cloud" in the name is misleading, it's downloaded and installed
like any other application and your data is wherever you usually store
it.

There's no security issue in the trial version. 30 days should be
enough time to convert all the docs or determine that you should buy
InDesign.

The only minor security concern for the subscription is that it
requires a credit card number, but you can eliminate potential
exposure for that by using a "virtual" credit card number that's
limited to the expected charges.