Named Destination Types Defined

Eric_Isaacson at selinc.com Eric_Isaacson at selinc.com
Thu Nov 21 16:01:16 PST 2013

Hi. I am looking for information regarding the Named Destinations that
FrameMaker (I use Frame v10) generates when creating a PDF. Specifically,
I'd like to verify/know what the following prefixes mean. I have tried to
ascertain what the designations mean by clicking on them in the PDF, but
some aren't as obvious as others.

F (as is F#): This appears to mean the First page of a Frame file,
confirmed by my clicking on the destination link, and per a reference on
the Adobe User-to-User forum.

G (as in G#.#######): This one perplexes me. It seems to be random
paragraphs. I did find someone on the Adobe User-to-User forums who wrote
that G destinations meant paragraph objects.

I (I#.#.#######): Are these for Index markers?

L (L#): This appears to mean the Last page of a Frame file.

M (M#.#.#####.[figures, tables, headings, etc. tag names followed by the
title): Various Markers in the file (also identified as such by an Adobe
U-to-U forum poster)?

P (P.#$##, where $ is a Letter in my generated PDF: P.3C15): I have no
idea.

Thanks!

Eric Isaacson