graphic insets causing disk space error

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 21 14:44:33 PST 2013

I'm working for a client company on their equipment and I'm getting this error when trying to open all the files in a FrameMaker book:

"Cannot load the graphic insets that were imported by copying into {filename}.fm. There is not enough disk space."

Their machine is running FM 11 in some kind of VMWare server environment, Win 7 64 bit, 8 GB memory.

Can anyone tell me where FM is trying to write these inset files so I can have the IT guys here increase the allocation to that resource. This is clearly related to the old "graphics become gray boxes" issue that used to happen with FrameMaker.

Thanks in advance.

Craig