framemaker 10 cannot authenticate over internet

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Wed Oct 9 17:06:51 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I vaguely remember this topic appearing previously. This is not the same
issue as the license expiry problem. I have already applied that patch
because mine expired.

Framemaker 10 reports that it cannot authenticate over internet and
still allows me to run the program. I do have an internet connection
(this email is proof of that). It is possible that from where I am
working, the port that Adobe wants to use for authentication is blocked,
but does anyone know what that port is? I have previously run the
program at this location. It is running on a Macbook Pro, is installed
on a Bootcamp partition and I am running it through Virtual Box. VB is
using my OSX 10.8 network settings.

Also, Adobe Air has been updated through the same settings.

Alan

Dr Alan Litchfield
AlphaByte
PO Box 1941