Solved Re: framemaker 10 cannot authenticate over internet

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu Oct 10 12:04:50 PDT 2013

Turns out the problem is rubbish software design by Adobe. It cannot
handle localisation and so I have to deceive the software into
thinking it is in the US so that it authenticates, then return it back
to the local time zone.

Explained on this page: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-129-17-launch-creative.html

Since the problem has only recently occurred, I am putting it down to
it not being able to address changes occurring as a result of daylight
saving.

Alan