So Long and Thanks for the Fish

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Wed Oct 30 05:25:58 PDT 2013

Hi Michael,

My comment was made as an observation, not necessarily an endorsement. I
really like FrameMaker's "hybrid" approach: you can have structure (XML) and
WSIWYG at the same time. Also, FrameMaker's EDD model for context-sensitive
formatting of structured is brilliant.

I also like the "print-engine" model: author and edit in any XML tool you
want and use FrameMaker (or InDesign) as a rendering engine for your
high-quality print and PDF output.

Rick