Inserting inline graphics

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Sep 9 14:29:09 PDT 2013

On 2013-Sep-09 5:19 PM, Matt Sullivan wrote:
> I had to do that approximately eleventh-six hundred times in writing
> the Fm11 book!
>
> I set my cursor in the text, between ()'s, and hit paste. Then I used
> Alt+(down arrow) to wrangle it into position. I don't know that you'll
> find a faster solution than that...
>

> -Matt
>
> Matt R. Sullivan
> *co-author Publishing Fundamentals: Unstructured FrameMaker 11
> <http://framemaker11book.com/>*
> *P:*714.798.7596 |*C:*714.585.2335 |matt at mattrsullivan.com
> <mailto:matt at mattrsullivan.com>
>
> <http://twitter.com/mattrsullivan>@mattrsullivan
> <http://twitter.com/mattrsullivan><http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattrsullivan>LinkedIn
> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattrsullivan><http://www.facebook.com/mattrsullivan>facebook
> <http://www.facebook.com/mattrsullivan><http://mattrsullivan.com/>mattrsullivan.com
> <http://mattrsullivan.com/>
>
> On Sep 9, 2013, at 8:28 AM, Alastair Dent <alastair.dent at imgtec.com
> <mailto:alastair.dent at imgtec.com>> wrote:
>
>> I need to be able to quickly insert graphics (button icons) into
>> instructions.
>> I’ve had a brief go at this and it seems needlessly complex
>> Paste graphic
>> Select frame, chance to ‘anchor at insertion point’.
>> I still end up with a button icon floating too high.
>> What am I missing?

Matt,

Doesn't FM 11 allow you to create Object tags similar to Pgf tags? I
only have FM 10, so don't know if that would be a solution.

For myself, I would create suitably sized and populated anchored frames
in a text box on a reference page, with each frame anchored At Insertion
Point and Distance Below Baseline set to -3pt or whatever suits the font
size/leading. Then I'd copy/paste frames from that "button library" as
required.  Note to Alistair, I do hope you are importing the graphic
only once, by reference, and then copying/pasting that instance?  Not a
good idea to import by copying into the document over and over.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator