Inserting inline graphics

Matt Sullivan matt at mattrsullivan.com
Mon Sep 9 14:42:03 PDT 2013

Hi Stuart, I did consider the Object styles, but the difference in sizes of inline graphics seemed too much to manage. The Alt+arrow method was easy enough to apply per graphic.

I did search through the maker.ini for a way to set a better default baseline, but couldn't locate one.

Object styles were a HUGE help with larger graphics, though. They allowed rapid, more sophisticated formatting of the screen captures, and actually trimmed 100 pages off Sarah's previous 800 page Fm8 book. Also, the better positioning helped keep text descriptions next to the graphics instead of above/below/on the following page.

I did create a table of graphics for oft-used buttons from the  toolbars to help with locating and importing the buttons. Ultimately I put the parens and the graphic (with repositioned baseline) into the table, and was pretty happy with the rate at which I could reuse those chunks.

-Matt

Matt R. Sullivan
co-author Publishing Fundamentals: Unstructured FrameMaker 11
P: 714.798.7596 | C: 714.585.2335 | matt at mattrsullivan.com

@mattrsullivan LinkedIn facebook mattrsullivan.com