Quoted speech

Theresa de Valence TdeV at bstw.com
Fri Aug 1 11:50:23 PDT 2014

On 8/1/2014 12:45 PM, Robert Lauriston wrote:
> Braces aka left and right curly brackets are in the ASCII character
> set so no problem in HTML.
>
> I assumed the bracets were some weird Australian typographical
> convention that Theresa was Americanizing. If they're being used in
> mathematical formulas or computer code syntax, they should not be
> changed.

They're not, they are single quotes at the beginning and end of speech
vs American double quotes at the beginning and end of speech. For a long
time, one had to remove "smart quotes" from anything being published to
the web or html or epub. Based on all these remarks, I have no idea if
this is still true . . .

Thanks,
Theresa