Quoted speech

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Fri Aug 1 14:49:00 PDT 2014

We were responding to your statement, "I want to replace ... curly
'smart' brackets with straight brackets, because I believe that these
'magic' characters will blow up in epub, html, or web pages."

The bit about curly quotes is clear, I think every experienced tech
writer has had problems with those on occasion.