Mif2Go suddenly failing on all machines

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Fri Aug 15 10:51:18 PDT 2014

Hi, John.

You can check the Windows Update history – will tell you when any Windows and other Microsoft tools updates occurred. Assuming you have Windows set for automatic updates – some will boot the machine though, so you would have seen that event (!).

As I recall, the FrameMaker ones are not automatic (i.e., you have to choose to do them), I think, but am not sure of this.

Also, the Windows System logs will show you more details on any issues that Windows has seen – this is a bit more complex though. You have to search for things – maybe a search for the FrameMaker executable in those logs?

More SWAGs:

Also, have you tried to run an anti-virus checker like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? Might be good to see if some random rootkit or other program is causing issues with a port that causes Mif2Go to get very unhappy?

I also suggest trying a (careful) registry cleaning with CCleaner – not just for the apps tab, but the Registry cleaner tab (use with care – make sure to DEselect the “Unused File Extensions” checkbox … that is a bit too much overkill, IMHO.