Mif2Go suddenly failing on all machines

John Sgammato john.sgammato at actifio.com
Fri Aug 15 12:28:38 PDT 2014

Curses! Foiled again.

I narrowed down the window from 2:11pm, when the last successful book was
created, to 3:07pm when I was back at my desk editing an unrelated doc.
Within that window I saw there was some activity from MBAM.swissarmy.sys,
indicating an installation. I forgot that I had upgraded Calibre! I was
foolishly multi-tasking while mif2going...
So I just uninstalled Calibre. I was about to try again when my computer
froze completely and needed a hard reboot.
After it came back up I tried the Mif2Go save again...and it failed with
the same error.
I fear that I will waste a glorious August Sunday hammering at this
conundrum.

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Stuart Rogers <
srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com> wrote:

>  On 2014-Aug-15 1:20 PM, John Sgammato wrote:
>
> no - not that I know of anyway
> There was maybe an hour from the time of the last successful build (2:11pm
> Tuesday) and the first failed build. I was chugging through a series of 10
> books, one by one, as I had done before. After the two biggest books were
> done, I got some lunch downstairs and then got back to it on an easy
> book...and I have had no success since then.
>

> On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Robert Lauriston <robert at lauriston.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Was there a Windows or FrameMaker update between the last successful
>> build and the first failure?
>>

> Right-click Computer > Manage > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System (for
> Windows), Application (for FM)
>
> See anything in the time frame you described?
>
> --
> Stuart Rogers
> Technical Communicator
> Phoenix Geophysics Limited
> 3781 Victoria Park Avenue, Unit 3
> Toronto, ON, Canada  M1W 3K5+1 (416) 491-7340 x 325
> http://www.phoenix-geophysics.com

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/john.sgammato%40actifio.com

<http://www.actifio.com/>    *John Sgammato, Documentation Architect*
*e* john.sgammato at actifio.com  *c* 508.927.2083
*t* @actifiodocs <http://twitter.com/actifiodocs>

333 Wyman Street, Waltham, MA 02451
<http://twitter.com/actifio>    <http://www.linkedin.com/company/399246>
<https://plus.google.com/102870897962348937868/posts>
<http://www.youtube.com/user/actifio>    <http://www.actifio.com/>

*Radically simple copy data management *

*.*