Structured: about containers, other matter and chapter numbering

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Sun Aug 17 17:55:35 PDT 2014

Hi Teresa

How are you planning to turn your structured Frame files into ebooks?

If I understand things right, it'll be the same process as you'd use for unstructured Frame. Does the process work better if your files are structured? If not, I'm really having trouble figuring out what you'll gain from putting your novellas into structured Frame.

We're in the middle of a conversion to DITA, so I know a lot more about DITA than about vanilla structured Frame, so I might be talking garbage here. But it's not exactly trivial to specify formatting in DITA! Even with something simpler, I'm wondering if you're signing yourself up for weeks/months of work.

Cheers
Rebecca

notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.