Character format that won't stick

Samantha Nair samantha.nair at smoothwall.net
Wed Aug 27 01:23:20 PDT 2014

Hi Thomas,

Your problem sounds similar to one I experienced earlier this year.

I wanted to apply an italic character format to my cross-reference formats
but also found it wouldn't "stick". Eventually, I discovered that the font
family I was given did not include an italic format. To resolve this, I set
my default printer to be Adobe PDF, and have not suffered from this problem
since. This is because the PDF drivers use PostScript fonts which FM can
use if the the font family used does not support it. If you try setting
your default printer to a PDF driver of some sort does that resolve the
problem?

HTH.

Sam.

On 26 August 2014 19:06, Thomas Scalise <Thomas.Scalise at crossmatch.com>
wrote:

>  Esteemed colleagues,
>

> I am using Frame 11.0.2.384 on Windows 7.
>

> I applied a character format (CrossRef) to text in a document. I late
> saved the document. When I return to Frame and open the document, the
> character format has reverted to the previous format. I recall having this
> problem before, a long time ago, and cannot for the life of me remember
> what to do to make the character format stick. Thanks in advance for any
> help you can give.
>

> *Tom Scalise*
>
> Manager, Technical Documentation
>

> Cross Match Technologies, Inc.
>
> 3950 RCA Boulevard, Suite 5001
>
> Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
>
> U.S.A.
>
>  T   +1 561 622 5416
>
> F   +1 561 622 9938
>
> thomas.scalise at crossmatch.com
>
> [image: Description: Description: cid:image001.gif at 01CBDF0D.2B428620]
> <http://www.crossmatch.com/>
>

> This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential,
> proprietary, inside and/or legally privileged information. Any distribution
> or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s)
> is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then
> permanently delete it from your system. You are hereby notified that any
> prohibited. Cross Match Technologies, Inc.® , DigitalPersona® and the
> DigitalPersona logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cross Match
> Technologies, Inc and DigitalPersona, Inc. in the United States and other
> countries.   ­­

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/samantha.nair%40smoothwall.net

Samantha Nair
Software Technical Author

Samantha.Nair at smoothwall.net <samantha.nair at smoothwall.net>
Smoothwall Ltd
[image: http://www.smoothwall.net/assets/Smoothwall.png]

Technology Office: Richmond Court, 96 Botley Road, Park Gate, Southampton,
SO31 1BA

Telephone: Europe: +44 (0) 8701 999500    USA: +1 800 959 3760

www.smoothwall.net