How to Create Bibliography in FM?

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu Dec 11 12:47:27 PST 2014

Hi,

FM has never really been that great with such tasks. If it is an article
you are writing in which you are going to cite references and you want a
coherent style, then I would suggest using bibTeX/LaTeX or bibLaTeX/LaTeX.

However if you are wedded to FM then you can export your text from FM as
rtf and use one of the MS Word linked applications like EndNote. Newer
versions of Word have a built in referencing engine that I have not used
but others say is pretty good. Given that amount of work you may be just
as well to go with the above suggestion or type and format the
references by hand. At least in FM you can define paragraph and
character styles relative to the reference formats.

Alan

On 12/12/14 9:34 am, Orly Zimmerman wrote:
> HI All,
>
> I have been given a task to create a bibliography for an article I’m
> writing. I would like to use Framemaker, but I have no idea how I get
> all the footnotes on the last pages of the file or in an appendix file
> as opposed to on the page where the footnote was created.
>
> I don’t mind writing out the Bibliography entry (I understand that there
> are different formats – as long as I stick to one format, I just add
> them as I create the article). Now I’m up to 6 different bib’s. I’ll
> cite it from page 1, and then cite from page 3 (using an x-ref in
> Footnote style); so page 3 needs to go back to page 1 to see the
> footnote. This doesn’t look right. And I will probably site the same
> footnote later on in the doc as well.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Orly Zimmerman