Question for the Group: Create a Conditionalized or Hierarchical Book

Laura Fergusson Laura.Fergusson at exterity.com
Wed Dec 17 06:35:51 PST 2014

Hi Tony

If I understand you correctly, I would do the following.

Keep all your files in the one folder, including three separate book files:

Book for Product A

Book for Product B

Book for Product C

Add the chapters you need to each book and conditionalise the content of each file as required.

(You CAN exclude chapters from books (in the book file itself), but I personally find this more difficult to maintain.)

Hope this helps. If you’d like more information about how we use this, feel free to contact me off line.
Laura

Laura Fergusson | Technical Writer | Exterity Ltd
tel: +44 1383 828250 ext 249 | fax: +44 1383 824905
e: laura.fergusson at exterity.com | w: www.exterity.com