FM12 has char format in xref been fixed?

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Tue Feb 4 10:56:26 PST 2014

Best practice for setting up character formats is to set everything
As Is except the feature that you want the character tag to control.
That would include setting the Font Family to As Is. So for Emphasis,
for example, the font family would be set to As Is and only the Angle
set to Italic. This enables the character tag to be applied to any
text, regardless of its paragraph usage. I can apply Emphasis to text
defined as Times Roman, Arial, etc., and the font is retained and
only the Angle changed.

For Adobe to ignore this in cross-references and require a unique
Character tag for each different usage of a font family (e.g., Times
Roman Emphasis, Arial Emphasis) is insane. Someone at Adobe, please
look into this.

Carol