Compatibility of old(ish) Software with Windows 7

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Thu Feb 13 10:49:35 PST 2014

I think buying more than 4GB of RAM would be a waste of money for most
tech writers.

The only thing I've done in my work where I've needed more than 4GB is
testing server applications with large memory footprints. The rest of
the time I'm not using even half my 4GB.

Outside of work I run music software that's extremely memory-intensive
and 4GB on 32-bit is not a bottleneck.