Compatibility of old(ish) Software with Windows 7

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Fri Feb 14 07:11:23 PST 2014

YMMV, of course.

I also edit videos on my system. These are in HD format and are my training video's can run an hour or sometimes more. Each 15 minute file from my Canon video recorder starts out as 2GB in size.

So, more than 4GB and a 64-bit video editing package is essential ... not just a nice to have! The final rendering time on a 32-bit system would be too long to be workable.

The point is that memory is inexpensive (dare I say, cheap) nowadays. No reason not to have more than 4GB available - I have 32Gb on my Lenovo laptop, for example.