Best CMS to use with DITA

Wim Hooghwinkel - idtp wim at idtp.eu
Sat Feb 15 07:31:04 PST 2014

Hi Gillian,

There won’t be a best CMS to use with DITA in general. I all depends on your requirements. And budget…

Oxygen is not a CMS, Oxygen is an authoring tool. Subversion is not a CMS either. For DITA you would not look for a document CMS - look for a Component Content Management System (CCMS) or any of the DITA CMS-es: Easy DTA (what are the issues you encounter?), DITAToo (budget, best price/quality ratio, integrates with FrameMaker), DocZone (SaaS), Bluestream (integrates with FM using DITA-FMx). For large scale implementations there’s Componize, Ixiasoft, SDL, etc..

Trados is not a CMS either, Trados is a translation tool.

Since you’re on the FrameMaker list I presume you use FM as authoring and publishing tool. Then either DITAToo or Bluestream would be a good choice. Both easy to install and good fit for a small team.

If you need help, contact me off list.

Vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Wim Hooghwinkel

Information Energy 2013 – Leading Conference on Innovation in Knowledge and Information Exchange
IEn2013

tel. +31652036811
Skype wimhooghwinkel
Twitter @idtp @ien2013