Compatibility of old(ish) Software with Windows 7

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Wed Feb 19 09:00:53 PST 2014

If you're using only half the RAM you have, as is the case for my 4GB
Windows systems, adding more won't speed things up.

If you load more software than will fit in the amount of RAM you have,
your system will slow down so much it might as well have crashed. That
happened to me at work the other day: I have two VMs running
enterprise software, they take up 3GB each, and my Mac has only 8GB.
If I start a third VM by mistake, the system becomes totally
unresponsive.