Graphic distortion in frame pdf

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 09:21:03 PST 2014

Note that Dov's comments were from 2002, when FM 7.0 was the brand new version.

Versions of FrameMaker prior to 7.0 did have some problems with PDF as an import format, which made EPS the safest graphic import format despite the fact that FrameMaker could not render the EPS for on-screen display. This meant that we had to suffer with either an ugly low-res raster preview image onscreen or else a gray rectangle if the EPS had not been created to contain a TIFF preview image.

But as of FM 8.0 (and maybe earlier), PDF import has worked reliably and for most of the last 10 years I have been happy to use PDF as my primary graphics import format. It has been at least 95% reliable (a few PDFs have had font issues) and the onscreen image in FrameMaker is basically as good as in Acrobat.

-Fred Ridder