End-of-flow wildcard?

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 19 07:56:58 PST 2014

Well, I'm getting an even more peculiar result in FM7.0p579
The search dialog gives me an error saying I need to have text in the search
box when I look for \f alone.

If I change the search to something like .\f (to search for a period before
and end of flow) it finds all periods. Similarly with space. But it ignores
the end of flow symbol and so finds periods at the end of every sentence or
spaces wherever they occur. Useless!

Regarding Word inserting things:
It might work to copy one of the offending text sequences and then search
and replace with text via FrameMaker replace so you have a known series of
characters. There are things MIF wash doesn't seem to deal with. I get table
padding from Word that seems to be impossible to remove without creating a
new table and then pasting the content into it.

Good luck,

Craig