End-of-flow wildcard?

Klaus Daube frame at daube.ch
Mon Jan 20 10:56:45 PST 2014

On 19 Jan 2014 at 9:56, Craig Ede wrote:

> If I change the search to something like .\f (to search for a period
> before and end of flow) it finds all periods. Similarly with space. But it
> ignores the end of flow symbol and so finds periods at the end of every
> sentence or spaces wherever they occur. Useless!

May it help to start the search at the end of the document and then "find backwards". You need this
technique for example to find those darn superfluous CR:

«
Importing from Word may leave CR characters (\x0D) and other illegal characters (e.g. \x01) in the
file. These restrict an FM search to the paragraph ending with CR. You can find these characters only
by searching backwards from the end of the flow. Clean the file by saving as MIF, opening the MIF,
saving as FM.
»

BTW the 'end of flow' character is entered in the find dialogue (no wildcards!) as \f or \x0b .

HTH
Klaus Daube