FrameMaker 12--Has anyone tried it yet?

Klaus Daube frame at daube.ch
Mon Jan 20 10:33:30 PST 2014

On 20 Jan 2014 at 15:37, Gutierrez, Anita wrote:

> Is it stable?
Due to the new function Restore Session and the (not documented) behaviour at system problems even
unstable situations can be overcome:
- I have situations (especially when not waiting long enough for the smart catalogue
  to pop up for the first time and just typing ahead) that FM-12 consumes nearly 100% cpu
  (well, 48% on a dual processor PC).
- In these situations I click on the close button (the X top right) and FM saves
  the open file without a problem.
- In most cases FM quits then, in other cases I kill the process.
- Starting FM and using "File > Restore session" lets me continue where I just was stuck.
- IMHO this is great - because there are numerous situations to bring
  a Windows program into trouble.

> Do the new features work as advertised?
I'm only working in unstructured mode and for this not much has changed. However the GUI became much
more user friendly with coloured and/or larger toolbar buttons. Also the icons in the pods can be
coloured. This makes them more easy to recognise.

I dont't know about Time Savers, but you may have a look at http://www.daube.ch/docu/fmaker71.html

> Frank/Marjorie, is a corresponding FrameScript version due out soon?
FrameScript 6 works fine with FM-12. I have no problems with the full script suite from itl (called
[i]-frame)

Just my 5 cents...
Klaus Daube