Giving some paragraphs a background colour with DITA

Scott Prentice sp10 at leximation.com
Wed Jan 22 09:24:56 PST 2014

Hi Rebecca...

For FM-DITA questions you'll probably get more replies by posting to the
framemaker-dita Yahoo group.

Applying coloring/formatting to paragraphs via @outputclass is fairly
easy by adding context rules to the <p> (or whatever) element definition
that check for a match of that outputclass value and assigning the
necessary paragraph tag or style overrides.

Doing the same with table cells is not so easy. While you can specify
the overall table format based on the tgroup/@outputclass, there aren't
any EDD context rules that you can use to assign properties to specific
table cells or rows. Apparently FM11 added some new read/write rules
that can assign these properties. I'm not familiar with setting these
up, but you can read more about it in this post on the Adobe FrameMaker
forum ..

     http://forums.adobe.com/message/6026704

BTW .. I'm in the process of developing a new feature in DITA-FMx that
will allow you to specify outputclass values for rows and cells. This
should be available in FMx 2.0 when that's released.

Cheers,

...scott