Subject: RE: OT: Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Reader on same client

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Thu Jan 23 11:17:35 PST 2014

Mike, point taken. Dr. Reng said the same thing too.

Perhaps ... a different question that may be more interesting:

	Do people here feel that it is necessary to check a PDF in a "Reader only" environment if that PDF looks fine in Acrobat?

Because, I have yet to see one of my files pass Acrobat rendering and fail to show in Reader. (In my approach, both programs would use the same available fonts though.)

If I stop doing that final check, it would just be a bit simpler final process for me. BTW, with my approach, both programs would still find the same fonts available, so missing fonts is effectively not something I check anyway! I just avoid it by having Acrobat embed the fonts as needed.