FrameMaker freaks me out

John Sgammato john.sgammato at actifio.com
Thu Jan 23 08:10:01 PST 2014

I've seen it once or twice in the past 20 years - closing and restarting FM
worked.
I attribute it to sunspots.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Steve Rickaby <
srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> At some point while editing yesterday, and I'm not sure what I was doing,
> *every chapter* in the book I'm working on started displaying all its text
> as if someone had picked it up and randomly scattered it across the page -
> complete loss of vertical leading, and sideways shifts as well. It was
> clearly something internal to FrameMaker's display engine, as opening
> unopened chapters showed the same thing.
>
> After nearly having a coronary, I closed down FrameMaker and then
> re--opened the book, and everything then looked fine, and has remained fine.
>
> I've never seen anything like this before, and it's probably shortened my
> life expectancy somewhat. Anyone else experienced this?
>
> [FrameMaker 7.0p577 for Mac]
> --
> Steve
> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/john.sgammato%40actifio.com

<http://www.actifio.com/>    *John Sgammato, Documentation Architect*
*e* john.sgammato at actifio.com  *c* 508.927.2083
*t* @actifiodocs <http://twitter.com/actifiodocs>

333 Wyman Street, Waltham, MA 02451
<http://twitter.com/actifio>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/399246>
<https://plus.google.com/102870897962348937868/posts>
  <http://www.youtube.com/user/actifio>    <http://www.actifio.com/>

*Radically simple copy data management *

*.*