FrameMaker to HTML

Craig, Alison Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Wed Jul 16 10:07:28 PDT 2014

"To evaluate what's cheap, you need to look at total cost of ownership..." In a perfect world, that's true, but the original post began "I work for a small startup..."

My experience in the "small startup" world is that you need to deal with the attitude that the person the company already pays is cheaper than any tool you have to go out and buy with *additional* money. This is, of course, a false economy. But employees don't control the purse strings so they have to work within the employer's reality.

Alison

Three signs a *former* programmer I know always wanted to post in his office:

To Marketing: You can tell me what you want or you can tell me when you want it. You can't tell me both!
There's never enough time to do it right, but there's always enough time to do it again.
Reality always wins.