Problems with documents imported from Word

Keith Soltys keith.soltys at tmx.com
Tue Jul 29 08:37:34 PDT 2014

I would not import Word into FrameMaker using the Word import filter. Given that you are working with novels, which have a fairly simple format, I would save the Word files as raw text, bring them into FrameMaker as text, and completely reformat from scratch.

I am not sure why the export from PDF to text would cause you problems unless the export isn't pure text.

Regards
Keith