Import by reference question: Word conversion to FM11

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Thu Jun 5 12:15:08 PDT 2014

Yes, but doesn't that render the extracted graphics as .jpgs? I
strongly believe that .jpg is not the best graphic format to use for
technical publications. Everyone's usage may vary and a lot depends
on how the graphics were inserted in the Word doc in the first place,
but .jpgs don't work for me; nor can I edit them. I prefer vector
when possible and when not, I'll save out as .tif. But I don't have
to make that decision if I let Acrobat extract as .eps. Even if the
Word graphics are bitmaps, they don't lose any information when
converted to .eps.

Carol