Can't Generate PDF SOLVED

Klaus Daube frame at daube.ch
Thu Jun 12 00:33:15 PDT 2014

On 6 Jun 2014 at 2:49, Davis, David wrote:

> There's nothing ambiguous about that option! And it's very sensible. I
> wouldn't advise anyone to deselect it. Otherwise, Distiller can create a
> PDF which references fonts which are only present in a document that's
> currently open and loaded in RAM on your PC. It is likely these will not
> embed properly and so you will be creating a PDF that has limited
> portability.

David, sorry to have a counter-view:

In the past 17 years of using FM and Acrobat I always got incorrect pdfs with this
option checked. Until Acrobat 9.5 it was (re)set with every update of Acrobat and I
had to uncheck it frequently.
However, the effect from checking or unchecking this option may depend on the system
(or more sarcastic: from the water level in the toilet).
I wonder what 'our' expert at Adobe (Dov Isaaks) says about this option.

Klaus Daube