Copying Word text to FM unstructured 12.

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Jun 16 11:56:01 PDT 2014

On 2014-Jun-16 1:25 PM, Winberg, Harold wrote:

> Do I have to anything special when copying and pasting word into FM
> 12. I understand it should be plain text or it can retain a lot of
> Word garbage.
>
> Does FM 12 take care of this or do I need to save or paste it as plain
> text??

In addition to the suggestions from others, you could try PureText by
Steve Miller:

http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/

"PureText is basically equivalent to opening Notepad, doing a PASTE,
followed by a SELECT-ALL, and then a COPY.  The benefit of PureText is
performing all these actions with a single Hot-Key and having the result
pasted into the current window automatically."

The default hot-key combination is the Windows key + V, which works well
for me, as the CTRL key is right next to the Windows key. Changing from
a regular Paste to an unformatted Paste is as easy as moving my little
finger one key over. I find this more flexible than making the permanent
change in FM's ini file, and it also works when bringing content into MS
Word, which otherwise annoyingly adopts whatever HTML tag comes along
with material copied from the web.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers