Copying Word text to FM unstructured 12.

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Jun 16 16:50:41 PDT 2014

What I like to do is save the Word file as "Plain Text" from Word 2013 ... this is one of the options within Word to output file formats.

This makes every paragraph in the Word document stay as a single line in the text file.

When I read this text file into FrameMaker, the single line converts automatically into a single paragraph again.

One other thing I do is turn hyphenation off inside Word - this avoid dash character inserts inside the words.

Finally, saving this way helps my em-dashs, smart-quotes, etc., also stay properly output into the text files (have to use the "Windows default" option when saving as text).

Much simpler to do this rather than having to do tons of post-edits to fix all the "special" characters.