Compatibility of old(ish) Software with Windows 7

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Sat Mar 1 12:48:33 PST 2014

I figure anyone who owns a copy of FrameMaker 7 and MIF2Go has
adequate technical chops to deal with continuing to use them in
Windows 7.

Adobe hasn't fixed most of the bugs that affect me, and they've added many more.

FrameMaker is not 64-bit and probably never will be given that under
the hood there appears to be code dating back to the 1980s. As I noted
before, I found 64-bit Photoshop SLOWER than 32-bit. That wouldn't be
true if I'd been working with huge files like a graphic designer
would.