Round-trip revisions via MS Word. Alternate methods?

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Mar 3 10:31:38 PST 2014

Steve Rickaby wrote:
> It was just an example taken at random from recent experience. I'm sure there is a workaround,
> but the writer is a software expert and researcher, and the fact that he didn't know about this sort
> of proves my case - that getting good results out of LaTeX requires deep knowledge ;-) I am sure
> that it can be made to do great things, but I've never seen what I would consider acceptable results
> come out of it in the the hands of non-experts.

Oh, yes, understood and agreed!

It definitely does take much more effort to learn and use LaTeX. And the problem is that there are _often_ add-in packages that will fix any issue that is observed in output.

But researching and learning the availability (and nuances) of a particular package for a particular issue does take time. Time that is well-spent if LaTeX is the primary tool, but not as easy to justify for occasional work, yes.