ANN: New ExtendScript samples for beginners

russ at weststreetconsulting.com russ at weststreetconsulting.com
Wed Mar 5 05:56:28 PST 2014

Hi,

I've worked up a set of samples designed to help beginners get started
with ExtendScript. This is mainly as a public service, as I felt there
was a lack of simple, working samples out there to help new users get
started. I really feel that the ability to customize FrameMaker is one
of its great strengths and the acceptance of ExtendScript is very
important to its future. So, if we want the product to stay competitive,
it's my belief that more ExtendScript usage is critical.

Anyway, I encourage you to get to know it, not just for FrameMaker's
sake, but also for your own professional development. Technical writers
who can customize their tools, even in small ways, significantly
increase their market value. ExtendScript can be tricky to get a hold of
at first, even for an experienced FDK developer, but the effort is well
worth it.

Enjoy, and feedback is welcome!

http://www.weststreetconsulting.com/WSC_ExtendScriptSamples.htm

Russ