"Unable to allocate ... bytes for color profile"

Robert CH Shell rshell at iafrica.com
Wed Mar 5 23:19:39 PST 2014

Dear Framers:
Any clues what went wrong here?

%%[ Error: limitcheck; OffendingCommand: setdistillerparams ]%%
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
Unable to allocate 557168 bytes for color profile U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

I so wish there was a pre-flight check for FM. Even the despised PageMaker
had one.
This error cost me 7 hours of precious computer time. Waits till end before
error message~acronym~ WEBEM

Rob Shell
rshell at iafrica.com
rshell at uwc.ac.za