Having problems with importing an EPS file into FrameMaker ...

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Thu Mar 6 12:36:24 PST 2014

Hi, all.

I am trying to import a graphic - with only four colors in it - (it is in EPS format) and am having some bizarre difficulties. When I view the EPS file on my Windows system using PS_view, it looks perfectly fine - even when zoomed in.

However, for some reason, the file comes into FrameMaker in a tiny 103 x 50 resolution (I didn't see any option to rasterize it at a larger resolution or dpi?) and the result when zoomed up a bit, is horrible. The rasterized resampling of the few colors in the graphic results in an unusably bad quality image.

If I externally rasterize the EPS into TIF using Photoshop set to NO anti-alias and with a resolution of 1800 dpi (I know this is a bit overkill, but I am trying to minimize jaggies along the curves of the graphic), it works! But the resulting TIF file is over 25 Megabytes and I would like to avoid that - should I try LZW compression when saving perhaps?

Also, I am using an older version of Photoshop (CS3) for this work, and after I rasterize into Photoshop at 1800, I cannot seem to find the option to save the file in PNG format. So, am using TIF.

Is there something about/in the EPS file to begin with, such that FrameMaker seems to want to rasterize it into a 103 x 50 image? Is there a way to change that "option"?