Having problems with importing an EPS file into FrameMaker ...

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Thu Mar 6 17:25:28 PST 2014

If your EPS graphic is a vector drawing, I would not follow Alison's
suggestion to save as a PNG bitmap. That will greatly degrade the
drawing by rasterizing it. EPS handles vectors perfectly, resizing them
without degradation. Of course, they still look awful inside
FrameMaker-- because FM only shows you a low-res preview to save
computer memory. But the vector will look perfect in PDF. Even if the
viewer of the PDF zooms in, the vector will resize without degradation.

Mike Wickham