TCS5 Robohelp to Wordpress Blog Templates?

Scott Prentice sp10 at leximation.com
Sat Mar 8 14:26:06 PST 2014

Hi Ted...

This is something that is on my list of things to "make work" ..
someday. There are a number of ways to do this .. none, that I'm aware
of, are close to being terribly reliable or clean. The option that I'd
look into is to use RSS. WordPress can export and import RSS. I've done
this to transfer content from one WP site to another .. it worked
surprisingly well. So the key would be to be able to export your FM
files as RSS, then that could import into WP.

Of course it's not really that easy. You'll need to get an RSS file
that's formatted in a way that WP can properly digest and shred into
posts. I haven't looked into what that means, but in theory I believe
that it's an RSS file that contains multiple entries with the content of
each "post" formatted as HTML.

I'm thinking of an HTML export from FM (of via RoboHelp) that you then
run a post process on it to add the necessary metadata and wrap up the
"topics" as "posts". Start by doing an RSS export from WP to see what it
looks like, then figure out how to get your exported FM content to look
like that. My tool of choice would be Perl. Export FM to HTML, then run
a Perl script on it to make it right, then import to WP. ??

Or .. wait a few months till I get around to doing this.

If anyone else has done this or has any other ideas, I'd like to hear.

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

...scott

Scott Prentice