TOC entry out of sequence

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Mar 24 13:10:44 PDT 2014

On 2014-Mar-24 3:36 PM, Karen Robbins wrote:
> Removing the end-of-flow tag from the chapter head frame fixed the
> problem.
>
> Re: Jeremy's suggestion, the frames are connected. That was a good
> thing to check because perhaps it applies to my some-time-ago similar
> issue, yet to be solved:
>
> In another book, an unconnected frame's level 1 head appears in the
> TOC *above* the entry for its chapter. There is no end-of-flow tag
> issue. This frame could only be connected to the end of the chapter,
> if at all, because it must appear on the chapter's first page and has
> a different format than the main flow, which must continue to flow
> around it regardless of any text changes in either (think of it as a
> diagram that is the full width of a page whose main flow is a
> two-column format). But with or without connecting this frame, I might
> have expected this level 1 head to appear at the end of this chapter's
> other TOC entries, not as the last entry of the previous chapter. The
> rightful location of this head in the TOC is the second item below its
> chapter head.
>
> Perhaps Wim's comment applies... this unconnected frame originally
> came from another chapter and may have been the last frame added to
> this chapter. Don't know how to alter time to change that ;-).
>
> Thanks very much,
> Karen

Don't get confused about the position of the head1 entry in the TOC --
just because it appears /before/ its Chapter title does not mean that FM
is associating it with the previous chapter.  A TOC is just a file
consisting of a long list of x-refs, formatted according to their pgf
tags. When they appear out of the expected order in the TOC, it means
that FM is encountering them in that order because of the way it parses
frames and flows.

Here's a long-ago post on the issue:

http://lists.frameusers.com/pipermail/framers/2009-June/017197.html

--