Trados and FM9 : Company requests files in MIF format?

Craig, Alison Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Tue May 20 12:33:48 PDT 2014

Stephen:

For the past 8 years, I've managed a significant number of translation projects and I've never heard of the customer having to provide MIF files to a translation bureau.

Are they also returning the files to you in MIF format? If so, this means the translation bureau has not opened and tested the finished Frame files - an important step in a properly run translation project.

Can I ask who your translation bureau is? I can recommend a couple that do excellent work and are very competitive on pricing.

Alison

Alison Craig | Technical Documentation Lead
Ultrasonix | 130-4311 Viking Way | Richmond, BC  V6V 2K9 | analogicultrasound.com<http://www.analogicultrasound.com>
T 604-279-8550 ext 127 | F 604-279-8559