Is there a fast way to wrap unstructured text into [Para] tags?

Theresa de Valence TdeV at bstw.com
Wed May 21 13:41:35 PDT 2014

On 5/21/2014 1:26 PM, Chris Despopoulos wrote:

> Save the chapter as HTML, copy it, then use Smart Paste to paste it into
> a DITA topic.  Every P should translate into the correct DITA paragraph
> element (also a <p>)

If I save the chapter as XML, Frame pops up a window asking for which
Structured Application to use. If I pick none, an error pops up with
"Unable to validate because no DTD or Schema was specified in the XML
file" but continue? I say yes.

When I open the file, I get this Structure View: (I did this once with
the paratag as Body and once as Para)

-Root
|--Title
|--Body (Para)
    | A-
    | ID = pgfId-998413
|--Body (Para)
    | A-
    | ID = pgfId-998414
|--Body (Para)
    | A-
    | ID = pgfId-998415

I'm presuming this is correct?

Cntrl-A to copy the entire file

Open > New > Dita file > New topic

The first time (paratag Body), I found the Element marked <p> and
clicked Paste Special. I chose Rich Text Format, but all of the text
appears in the structured view under one single <p> element.

The second time (paratag Para) I clicked Smart Paste and got this error
message "Smart paste could not convert clipboard data to structured
content".

What am I doing wrongly?

Thanks.