Colour is wrong in my HTML Help output (Frame12)

Davis, David David.Davis at non.schneider-electric.com
Tue May 27 09:06:18 PDT 2014

Hi Folks,
I tried to ask this question on the Adobe Forums but their Adobe ID login seems to be broken again /sighs/
(After entering my credentials and clicking "login" I keep getting a screen saying
"[cid:image001.png at 01CF79CD.FA1BDBA0]<https://forums.adobe.com/>Jiv  - Oops, the page can't be found
Sorry, the page you requested can't be found. You can go back<javascript:history.go(-1)> and try again, or start again at home<https://forums.adobe.com/>"

Great!

Maybe someone here can help though :)

I have the exciting new FrameMaker 12 and am trying to use one of its new features, namely saving direct to .CHM files

Obviously, HTML Help is an RGB medium, and I was prepared for colours in my Frame document to come out looking a *little* bit altered - but what I am seeing is pretty ridiculous....
In Frame, I have some Colour Definitions (where I've chosen the Pantone shade the client's marketing department asked for from the library, and told Frame to specify it as an RGB value),
And then I have character styles where it sets the text to be one of my colours.
It looks fine on screen in Frame. (One of them is a darkish green, another other is darkish red ... both used for hyperlinks)

In the Publish pod in Frame, in my output settings, in the Style Mapping tab, I see some problems already:
The output style is set to "[source]".
For the dark red character style, the Style Preview window shows the source as dark red and the output as dark red... OK
But for the dark green style, the preview window shows them both as a bright lime green! It is not at all what the source is!

Then it gets worse -
In the actual CHM output,
the green is style the bright lime green colour,
and the dark red is now blue!!

Anyone know why it's changing them and how do I stop it?
(Surely the colours are just specified as 6 digit Hex codes in CSS - so why can't they closely match what I see in Frame's colour definition dialog?)

David

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any associated or attached files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. This email comes from a division of the Invensys Group, owned by Invensys Limited, which is a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 3rd Floor, 40 Grosvenor Place, London, SW1X 7AW (Registered number 166023). For a list of European legal entities within the Invensys Group, please select the Legal Entities link at invensys.com. Invensys Limited is owned by the Schneider-Electric Group.

You may contact Invensys Limited on +44 (0)20 3155 1200 or e-mail reception at invensys.com. This e-mail and any attachments thereto may be subject to the terms of any agreements between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates) and the recipient (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).