What free Windows text editor should I use to look at MIF files?

Christopher Seal cseal at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 6 07:36:47 PDT 2014

I have to say that I do not remember seeing in this discussion that in the context of FrameMaker MIF stands for Maker Interchange Format (i.e. Maker, not Model).
When I used FrameMaker (last time was with 7.2) I used MIF to clean FM files, and also for FUN! For example, by editing MIF files (which are/were pure ascii text) in MSWord (Yes I did), I could cause formatting changes that could not be done through the FM menus (and were likely not supported).
Chris

You are currently subscribed to framers as cseal at sympatico.ca.

or visit http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/cseal%40sympatico.ca