PDF Query from Denis Daly

Graham, Jasmine S Yassamin.Graham at weatherford.com
Fri Oct 17 12:12:28 PDT 2014

1.   I use FrameMaker  12.0.3.424, Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.09.

2.   Using Save As PDF from FrameMaker to generate PDF from book file.  In the PDF Setup Dialog, using CMYK option generates a PDF but colors are muted.  Using RGB generates PDF with good colors, but one image appears as gray.  This image is a JPG, imported by reference and also used in other documents.  Image appears in PDF if CMYK is used.

3.   I posted my question to the Adobe Communities forum on October 2nd, but to date my question has not been answered.  I asked whether this was a bug or another setting that needed to be adjusted.

To get around my problem, I actually deleted the one figure and replaced it (but that would not be the desired solution, of course).  I haven't experienced this scenario again  (yet).

Also, for more background on my setup,  most of these FM files were created in Frame 8 and I just recently purchased a new laptop and Frame 12. This problem was not happening in Frame 8, (Acrobat XI Pro on both systems, so no change there).

Someone posted to the adobe forum again within the last few days and another person responded today with the same problem.

Hopefully, we will all get some answers soon!  :-)

Jasmine Graham

Message: 1