Problem with auto numbering Figures and Tables

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Thu Oct 23 07:49:12 PDT 2014

Pardon my asking some questions that you may already have looked at:

1.      Did you mean that you want the figure number to depend the previous figure number _and_ previous table number (and vice versa)? I am not sure how that works.

If independent, meaning Figure X is followed by Figure X+1, regardless of any intervening tables, then as I understand, each type of item (i.e. table and figure) has its independent counter ... so the table counter paragraph number will be taken from the previous table, for example.

As long as the following is true:

2.      Have you verified that _each_ chapter file (I am assuming it is a separate .fm file) has its File->Numbering->Paragraph check-box value set to "Continue Numbering From Previous Paragraph In Book"?

I am not sure if the above is the specific cause of the problem you have though.