what to back up before reinstalling

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Mon Oct 27 14:28:49 PDT 2014

Sigh. I have to reinstall Framemaker 12 on my Win7 system. Before I
do so, I am creating a list of all of the files that I need to back
up so that I can restore all of my customization after I reinstall.
Here is my list so far (not including all of the add-ins and scripts
that are unique to my installation).

Back up the following from
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Framemaker\12
	Folder WorkSpaces (specifically the .cfsw and .fws files)
	Folder Linguistics
	File consfile.txt
	File maker.ini
	File pdfsize.ini

Back up the following from C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker12
	Folder Templates
	Folder fminit
	Folder plugins
	maker.ini

Any others? I will post the final list somewhere that will serve as a
resource to the rest of us; I've had no luck searching for such a
list on Adobe or by Googling.

Two additional questions: Does anyone know if backing up the
WorkSpaces folder REALLY allows you to retrieve your custom
workspaces after reinstall? I vaguely remember having a problem with
this when I upgraded to FM12. And do I need to deactivate my current
installation before reinstalling it on the same computer?

Carol