Link checkers

john.x.posada at us.hsbc.com john.x.posada at us.hsbc.com
Thu Sep 25 12:09:54 PDT 2014

COTS is Commercial Off The Shelf

The links are to external URLs, mostly to Sharepoint Files using an
absolute http://  link. Implemented in the FM document with the "message
URL" construct

I can go with either checking in FM 11, or from the PDF of the book.

John X Posada
AML Syst & Ops Supt Data Analyst | US FCC & RC Systems Control & Analytics
| HSBC North America Holdings Inc
330 Madison Ave., NY NY

 Phone
      Int: 212-525-5483 Ext: Personal cellphone - 732-259-2874
 Mobile
      Company Blackberry - 224-600-0570
 Email
      john.x.posada at us.hsbc.com

 Protect our environment - please only print this if you have
 to!

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Robert Lauriston <robert at lauriston.com>                                                                                                           |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |John X Posada/HBUS/HSBC at HSBC02, "framers at lists.frameusers.com" <framers at lists.frameusers.com>                                                     |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |09/25/2014 02:55 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: Link checkers                                                                                                                                 |
|------------>
| Sent by:   |
|------------>
  |robert.lauriston at gmail.com                                                                                                                        |

Are you talking about hyperlinks to external URLs ("message URL"),
internal hyperlinks ("newlink" and "gotolink"), or cross-references?

What is COTS?

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:45 AM,  <john.x.posada at us.hsbc.com> wrote:
> Hi, guys...need to buy an application that will check links from either
FM
> or the PDF output. My "books" are now 1500+ pages and contain hundreds of
> links.
>
> Money is no object (within reason). However, the stipulation, because
this
> is a very secure and locked down banking environment, it must be COTS
> software...I tried going through the custom script plugin route and I
can't
> get it through...sorry.
This message originated from the Internet.  Its originator may or
may not be who they claim to be and the information contained in
the message and any attachments may or may not be accurate.

errors or omissions.